In some cases, the interviewers took photos of the people they interviewed, and this practice varied from state-to-state. Most of the books contain a lot of photos, with the exception of:
- Vol 2-7 (Arkansas) - no photos
- Vol 8 (Florida, Tennessee & Virginia) - no photos
- Vol 9-11(Georgia) - no photos
- Vol 12 (Indiana, Kansas, Kentucky & Maryland) - 4 photos
- Vol 13 (Mississippi & Missouri) - 5 photos
The volumes with the most photos are 18 - 20 (Texas).
If you select the "Editor's Choice" option, you will always receive one of the volumes that has lots of photos.