The book is idea for use by families supporting loved ones at home, as well as by people working in care homes, memory cafes, day services and voluntary organisations.
- 160+ inter-generational activities which will spark memories, stimulate engagement, encourage interaction and which focus on your loved one’s capabilities and interests
- Activities include an explanation about the benefits and some adaptations for different stages of dementia. They are organised by theme: reminiscence trips and activities; games; arts, craft and music; relaxation, exercise and outside; home, food and shopping; something for you
- Step-by-step framework to show how to develop your own successful family activities
- Further sections on: caring for a loved one with dementia; how to talk to children about dementia; how memory works; creating a dementia-friendly home; communicating with someone with dementia
- Additional supporting resources available from www.dementiaresources.co.uk
"I have personal experience of being a long-term informal carer for close relatives with dementia and understand the emotional and practical difficulties this role brings. I wish I had this book to refer to years ago - it is such a valuable resource in so many ways."
Margaret Lovell, Admiral Support Worker & Carer
"A valuable resource for families, care homes and any person working with or supporting people with dementia. There are very many activities and ideas that can help to support communication and retain relationships as well as providing occupation and interest for people with dementia."
Loraine Butterworth, Admiral Nurse Clinical Lead
BULK DISCOUNT: Buy 5 or more, get 25% off - this is automatically applied at checkout. For orders of 10 books or more, please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org for details.